View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #33 (permalink)
Coon-azz
Track Member

Drives: '12 370z Sport DD
Coon-azz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Btw, the woman talking to me sent me this video, for the interested. This is last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khiH0eR77cA
LOl! yeah thats Meriam. She's great! That my old Solstice GXP at 2:36 on the wet track. Lots of fun. I traded up to the Z after seeing how the Solstice performed on the track. I guess last years video still shows myself and Scott huh? I'm in the red coat and Scott is after me. We were rep'n the Marine Corp and AF. Fun little car, but I never felt that it was going to really handle how hard I was going to push it unless I put about 4k into brakes. Unfortunately, I had to travel for work at the last minute for this year. Last year, I learned a lot about the Solstice I put together. Unfortunately, I learned that I didn't really feel the confidence in that car. Now that I've had a few months behind the Z, I think I made the correct upgrade. The Z gives me the confidence that when I throw it into a hard corner, the back end isn't going to just fly out. I also learned that the brakes on my Solstice, sucked! Burned the after-market ones up after about 7 hard laps. I was very disappointed. I also realized that I had plenty of power for a track like that and my level of experience. I had thought about doing an LS7 swap into the Solstice or run bigger turbo's, but after that day...no way. I like the Z's linear gain, very predictable.

Last edited by Coon-azz; 12-10-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Coon-azz is offline   Reply With Quote