View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #151 (permalink)
MrSir
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z Black A7
MrSir is on a distinguished road

finally got aorund to doing mine, night pictures really dont work that well, the orange with black is a more of a see for yourself type of thing:

With headlights off:

I think they turned out pretty sick blacked out entirely with orange morimoto halos. I used black gloss Krylon Fussion it reflects abit more of the orange light makes the entire headlight look like its on fire. Things i found that might be usefull for anyone wanting to do this:
- if you are too pansy to bake or box heat the entire headlight like me, you can still work at opening the headlight with the heat gun just going around it little by little. My tip start at the front bottom of the headlight then once you have the corner work the long top side of it, then the bottom and finally the boomerang. First headlight took 1:30 hours to open cuz i didnt know that. Second headlight only too 30min.
- the 2.5" lenses for the turn signal will have quite abit of a gap to the plastic, because you need to shave off more of it since the Morimoto Halos arent as thick. So use plenty of epoxy.
- I didnt really find information on what to wired them to anywhere but some random threat about doing an led strip here on the forum. When you open the headlight there is a small circuit at the bottom side, right next to the parking light. There are 2 LEDs on it. There are 2 cables running to that circuit you need to hook up your Halos and any other lighting you will have to those. Thats ofcourse if you dont want to drill a hole through the back of the headlight and run the cables outside and hook them up to any of the cables at the back as you please.

unexpected Problems with the mod:
- even thought i ligned up the lens and backside of the light as they were before i opened them and made sure the fit snug back on, my passenger side headlight has a bigger gap between it and the hood, then the driver side. I m not about to remove all the silicone and reheat it to adjust but do keep that in mind.
- For some idiotic reason now i have a Service Engine Soon Light on. Can't quite explain what headlights have to do with that but im hoping it goes away eventually or i'll take it to Nissan for a diagnostic.
Evo-R Front Lip | RAZO Shifter Knob | Avant Garde Wheels | Hankook Tires | Berk HFCs | Agency Power CBE | AEM CAIs | Z1 Oil Cooler | Morimoto xB LED Halos | Tein Super Street | StopTech Rotors, Pads, SS Lines

Last edited by MrSir; 12-14-2012 at 07:52 AM.
MrSir is offline   Reply With Quote