View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Not making this a whats better thread, just an opinion and thats it....
Pretty good review. And though i understand the need for the reviewer to over-emphasize the enthusiast transmission of choice. Only thing is Reviewers, unfairly keep knocking this auto. It's arguably the best "slush-box auto" out there and I happened to choose it because the auto felt significantly more torquey, (though numbers are the same) DRM added what i needed to replace manual and was easier to drive in traffic.
Other cars like gencoupe, 128i, camaro and mustang v6 would probably never make it on my auto option list. But in the case of the Z. This thing felt different. It was closer to the 135i and Evo DCT which i consider to be amazing autos
uh..... the reviewer actually DID NOT bash the auto, go back to the video at the 4:10 mark, he said, "The automatic by the way is a 7-speed I'm sure it's a lovely automatic but it doesn't make sense in this car...."

He doesn't agree an automatic transmission in a sports car, that's more like his personal preference on a sports car, and from his statement, I believe he would say the same thing on another sports car.

But he did praise the 7sp-AT
alcheng is offline   Reply With Quote