View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mt Tam I am's Driving Journal

I am going to attempt a driving journal and leave the "What did you do with your Z today" folks alone.

Ex:
Dec 2, 2012: I passed a Prius in the pouring rain on the way home. It has also been windy knocking stuff out of the trees making a slippery slurry. Mid pass while trying to be smooth, I felt the tires spin and the car slip a little; a micro release of the gas brought it back and I completed the pass with the Prius honking at me.

The road opened up after this and that slurry made for uncomfortable driving. Then out from under the trees, and their slurry, another car was visible and if I hurry up I can perhaps pass it as well. I was already hurrying so all I did was upset the cars back end on the turn before I need to commit and pass.

Shucks, I blew it but to my great fortune the car saw me and pulled over. Visibility in the fog was now limited to less than 200 feet so no more passing. because the weather was so poor no bike or tourists were present, so I still managed a better Saturday drive home than on a dry sunny one.

.................................................. ........................................

Dec6 2012. In the wet late at night I passed a car on a double yellow and figured that was the end of it but this fellow in an Accord was mad and tried to catch me. The road was full of tree debris that makes a slick slurry. I was driving at my usual clip but the Accord was trying to catch up and although he was falling behind, I could see his head lights through the trees, never slowing.

I encountered a truck slowly driving and followed. That Accord got closer and just as he came around a turn to catch me I was passing the truck uphill. No more slurry from here on either. I made it home without any more traffic.

I was so stimulated, I could not fall asleep for over an hour.

.................................................. ......................................
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote