View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Z1 View Post
I have ran into the same problem on my Enkei RPM2 wheels on my 300zx (running our Akebono Sport brake conversion). I ran XP10 and XP9 pads on the car and drove on the street. The dust basically fused to the wheels after not washing it and started to develop rust on aluminum wheels .

I have yet to find a chemical to break the dust from wheels or my calipers once it basically turns into cement.
I guess you'll just have to clean them more often then. Have you tried goo gone? That stuff dissolves plasti dip so maybe it will do the same for cemented brake dust.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote