View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #30 (permalink)
bvl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Roadster (sold)
bvl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDepp View Post
Sure, if you look at a list on a forum of people who have issues, all cars would fit the category of 'being unreleiable'. Maybe 5% of Nissan owners have issues, maybe a little more. I'm talking about a 4 owners that I work with constantly having to take theirs back in for out of the norm services to a point the dealership gives them a courtesy car every few months that they drive for a few days. I haven't researched into the cars much because of the everyday discussions about their woes, and went into researching the Z. You seem a lot more knowledgeable about the Porsches than I and I trust your word, but their stories made the decision easy for me added into the varying years of cars and still having issues across the board. The choice from then came down to the Nissan or the BMW for me and the Z won based on personal taste.

I don't own a Z (yet), and have never owned a Porsche or a BMW. I do own a C300 Sport and a Civic but those are different creatures. My opinion is only conjecture based on anecdotes.

I also recognize I am just another chuckle head on the net

If you look at my posting history I try to avoid sweeping generalizations with absolutely nothing to back it up. I am an engineer by trade: I deal with facts and data.

I believe you when you say you have folks that have issues a lot. It doesn't surprise me that much. People that buy porsches as garage queens tend to have more problems per capita. Maybe its a german thing...the engineers get upset when people don't use their machines.

The best preventative maintenance for IMS issues is to drive the cars. A lot. Imagine that

- b
bvl is offline   Reply With Quote