View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st View Post
Ford = Fix Or Repair Daily.
You forgot... Found On Roadside Dead

Seriously though. Sports car forums are only good to find out a certain amount of info. Lots of idiots that buy sports cars and abuse them from off the lot with no break in period. Ride around all day at 4400 rpm to make exhaust noise, mismatch basic mods without addressing other components that need to be modded along with... Then wonder why there car is F....d up and complain about it on forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
IMO, I would hate my 370Z with a blower. It would be like driving a fast dump-truck. It's just not made for that kind of acceleration/power. The wheel-base is too short, the gears are too short, just a total miss-match. If you want that kind of power, buy a car that comes with it. Z06/Viper/GT500/etc. Having been there, done that, I can tell you that the factory just gets it right.
As far as putting a blower on the Z. I disagree totally with import. I think you can add 125rwhp-250rwhp and not affect its driveability at all. Just plant the car better(suspension mods) and you're good. This car's wheelbase is long enough. The porsche has a wheelbase of 93 inches and no one has ever complained about it being too short @ 190mph. I'm sure the Z can do fine @ 165-168mph with a 100.4 inch wheelbase. As far as gears being too short, that can be redone with a tune.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 12-10-2012 at 10:10 AM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote