View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 11:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdo2milger View Post
no issues to report as of yet, no CELs and no water build up given a normal washing at the house...

another good thing, it has been raining everday the past week and no water build up from the rain either...

i dont believe there is any, why i say that is because if there was evap then I would get CELs...
Just started using the STINT 3 weeks ago. Upto today I have done nothing but short mileage runs with the 370Z with no SES......Did a long trip of 160 miles and the SES (Service Engine Soon) light with an error code of:

P0456 [EVAP] Very small evaporation leak in fuel system - less than .02-inches. Check fuel cap.

This is what my diagnostic reader picked up, I just cleared the code using the diagnostics device. So I do believe that using the STINT MAY cause an SES under long continuous driving trip conditions.

The literature seems to support this as well as there are reports of people that use a STINT device in other vehicle models and have gotten the same occassional SES error as identified above.

Last edited by ZKindaGuy; 09-20-2009 at 09:26 AM.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote