View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #38 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of
Default 2 fixes for the noise - read on

Sorry I thought the rest of my post made it thru cyberspace, apparently not.

The issue is with the two guides that holds the window in the door frame. One guide has a plastic washer, the other does not. It's this guide as the noise ONLY occurs when the window is rolled up. One thought for those with out of warranty cars it to find a small rubber washer for both and grease it up.

For both mine and the bros 2009 models with extended warranties (btw: they have paid for themselves over and over again, so IMO it's worth the extra $$ and buy it on your next new Z purchase).

Nissan has updated the window regulator part number and this fixed the bros Z, been driving around for two months now and no more noise. My regulator was also replaced.

Mine was different story, and note this issue is weather related, just like the rear hatch spring issue. When the weather changes to hot or cold it could rear its ugly head or will not. Mine was still making noise....so Nissan wanted to test a theory and replace ALL of the rubber weather stripping around the entire drivers door. Have the car back since Friday and drove at city street speed and highway speed and ITS GONE NOW.

Hope this helps !

Cheers,
Curtis

Last edited by ZForce; 12-09-2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: typos and added that "my regulator was also replaced"
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote