View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni

Initial Driving Impressions - Street Driving - Bone Stock

I must say I see a lot of potential in this car! I like it better than the 350Z in every way so far. The power feels better, the handling feels better, the steering feels better, etc. Although I haven't really rung it out yet, I can tell that it will be a better performer on track than the 350Z is.

Just cruising down the freeway, it is very comfortable, the Bose stereo is excellent for a factory system, and the interior is pleasing and easy to read. I really like that the tach shows you what gear you are in. My only gripe so far about the gauge cluster is the water temp gauge. It only has one little light that tells you where your water temp is at. This will be very hard to read at a glance when on track. I would have at least liked all of the lights to light up like the fuel level gauge.

Mechanically the car feels great. The clutch is light, but you can easily feel when it engages. The weight transfer front to rear on corner exit is really good and in stock form, the LSD does its job very well. The synchro rev-match transmission is a little wierd to me right now. I think the technology of it is awesome, but it is definately taking some getting used to. It is still my natural reaction to heel toe myself.

I am very excited to start unlocking the potential of this car!
Function > Form