View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #66 (permalink)
mhcoss
Track Member

Drives: 2012 370Z SPORT M/T
mhcoss will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottIN View Post
If you live in the city, chances are that there is an ordinance against letting animals run loose. Dog, cat or horse, doesn't matter.

I had this issue with a neighbor about 10 years ago. It was destroying all the trim on my Mercedes becasue it would slide down the windows and then use it claws to catch itself on the trim. Told her to keep her cat inside or on her property or I would have it picked up. Of course she didn't, so I had the dog (cat?) catcher come out with a trap. First night we caught what's in the photo below. Second night we caught her cat, but she got it out of the trap before animal control got there. Next night, caught it again and animal control picked it up before she got to it. When they arrived, she came out and got into a fight with them. They ended up taking her cat, fining her for all kinds of stuff (including battery on an officer) and she had to go get her cat out of 'jail'. Never saw the cat outside after that.

People say 'Well, it's just a cat. What can it do?'. That cat did about $700 damage to my car (never got the lady to pay) in just a couple of nights (brand new car). I didn't have a garage, so that wasn't an option. And I wasn't going to cover my car every time I pulled in the driveway becasue of an irresponsible pet owner.

BTW-I have a cat (inside only) and a dog (always on a leash), so it's not like I'm some animal hater or anything. I just think people should be responsible for their pets.

First night's catch:

And you'll never train a cat to stay off the hood:

This guy has it right.
mhcoss is offline   Reply With Quote