View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 03:14 AM   #63 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370-Z View Post
Hey guys, apologies for rekindling an old thread. This is new to me and I don't have a jack. Also I haven't physically been under the car so I'm trying to imagine as best I can. I know you guys have been doing this for a while and you're going to tell me not to be a baby and just go and do it. But I seriously don't have the confidence so please help me answer some questions. I'll try to organize my questions by numbers...

Q1: Are you guys jacking the front up and removing the entire Engine Under Cover or are you reaching those 10 bolts by feeling around (without jacking)? Q2: Assuming that the Under Cover doesn't need to be removed (since the service manual shows 10 bolts towards the front of the cover, 6 bolts nearer the rear and 3 pop rivets in the center), then, can I assume the 10 said bolts are all towards the front and are only the ones that are directly coupled to the front bumper? Q3: I've got a little mud-guard-like piece just in front of the front wheels and appears to be bolted into the underside of the front fender protector. The service manual calls this an "Air Guide". Do I need to remove this as well? Q4: Are the said 10 bolts inclusive of these "Air Guide" bolts? Q5: My car is a right hand drive version similar to the JDM/Australian/UK model. It also comes with front Headlight Washers which are in the bumper. Will I encounter more difficulty detatching the bumper and wiring harness such that I may need an additional pair of hands?

Thanks so much.
A1. No need to jack up the car and no need to remove the undershroud. Unless your car is lowered, you should be able to get under the car enough to find all the bolts.
A2. Correct.
A3. I think you are refering to the plastic chin spoiler, in which case, no you should not need to mess with it.
A4. N/A
A5. I cannot answer this as I have no experience, but I can't imagine it would be significantly different. One person should be able to remove the bumper in less than 30 minutes the first time being very careful. Future removals should be easier and takes less time. That being said, two people can make things easier and faster for sure.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote