View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #434 (permalink)
Baer383
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My foot up your azz
Baer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Did he give you a reason or was it just the typical "don't mod your car" corporate answer? I'm guessing you would have gotten the same response if you had asked about using 3rd-party brake pads or any other common upgrade.

In most circumstances, I would be inclined toward the go-with-the-pro stance - but not in this particular case. Too many ppl have killed power to the SLU (fuse, harness, clip wire), myself included, without any problems.
But I certainly can't blame you, or anyone else, for taking the word of a factory rep over a bunch of hobbyists.
Go to your local dealership and talk to Nissan techs they don't know have as much about the "Z" as people on this site,so to say that you shouldn't take the word of a "bunch of hobbyist" is very close minded, considering myself who made that thread and I have been working on cars for a living for 27yrs.

754 rwhp 747 rwtq
Baer383 is offline   Reply With Quote