View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #209 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of

Cool beans...and no I have not, but have read and seen pics on your other thread and esfouteen's thread. I thought that was the case with OEM spring and aftermarket spring. I tried to get my mechanic at the dealer to install it since the entire clutch pedal assembly was being replaced after my master slave cylinder was recently replaced. The clutch pedal assembly had a developed a quacking sound (no it's not the air seeping from the air breather hole on the compressor/shock housed in with the clutch helper spring). Turned out the shock was blown, seals.

Anywho...he was leery of using the spring, not that he would not do it for me as I am family with my dealer. He questioned the strength since it was shaved/grounded afraid it might make a creaking sound. I assured him it is not the case and several hundred Z/G members have been using the same spring for over a year and there is no creaking sound. So I just said shine it on and I will later have a monkey boy with small frame and fingers install it for me for some pizza and beer.

Thanks bro and apologies for the long winded reply. And for the record you are correct, the OEM is 300 lb and yours is like 70-75 lb.

Will update thread after I return from London and install the spring along with some other cosmetic goodies.
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote