View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update:

I just want to say thanks for all the help everybody. I was able to replace the lines in the rear left and right. The fitting was completely mangled. I didn't use a torque wrench w/ crowfoot. It was just too much work.

Soft Pedal issue fixed:
Prior to replacing the brake tubes, I bled the system and was able to get the bubbles out from the Front Driver side. This was with PTFE tape sealing the fitting. - Long story short, it was just me not bleeding the brake system enough, didn't realized all the air bubbles got pushed to the front driver side.

Leaking Brake fittings:
I actually had 2 locations that was leaking. Rear Passenger side where the junction box connects to the metal hose. I temporarily used PTFE tape and did the trick but i didn't want to track with that as I'm afraid it'll leak. Plus the fitting was completely f-ed up. -- I replaced the line and it threaded on smoothly. Turns out the junction box was not cross threaded.

Then I also had a minor leak in the front passenger where the metal clip was at. For that issue, the fitting was simply not tight enough. I don't know if it's the stupid wrench I had, but it's sooo easy to strip the fitting. I ended up using vice grip to do 4 of the fittings. - it did the trick.
scruffydog is offline   Reply With Quote