View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #440 (permalink)
weslmac
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Silver
weslmac is on a distinguished road

Not being argumentitive here. I was just shareing my experience as others may want to know.

Baer383 just wanted to clerify that he was not connected to the dealership and he did not work for the shop. He overheard our conversation and offered to help with the translation. He was wearing a Nissan uniform and I asked him if he worked for CarRest and that is when I learned he worked at the Nissan production plant.

The discussion about the fuse was outside with only me and my new english speaking friend. This was after I was informed by the dealer that I could not leave my car at the shop. Our discussion was solely based on the fact that I was not comfertable shutting the car off as I didnt know if it would start again. We were discssing ways to disable this lock so that I could use my car until this situation with the lock is resolved trying to avoid a very expensive tow fee. It was in his professional opinion as a Nissan Production Line Diagnostic Engeneer to not pull the fuse. He made it very clear that by pulling the fuse other problems may arrise.

I didnt need any additional information and I was OK with what he said. Why would I question a guy who takes time out of his day to volunteer to help me? I suppose I sould put more confidence in a post on a forum from someone I dont know. Again my belief is this forum is for informational purposes and I apreciate all the information that has been provided on this topic as of 48 hours ago I was not aware of this issue.

At least now I can make an educated decision.
weslmac is offline   Reply With Quote