View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Nikon FM
Track Member

Drives: 03 996TT Porsche
Nikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zForever View Post
Yeah, i would recommend camber kits. A wide variety of them are for the Z.. I am liking the SPC camber kits, but I want to wait until they have the real camber kits as well as the front to make sure. These allow to adjust the camber and caster. Giving more negative camber will allow your car to stick to the road and give better handling, but camber is somewhat difficult to understand and you should learn about how to adjust camber. I can explain these three quite well (I hope). Camber is the one that most people have heard of.. Adjusting camber adjusts how close the top of the tire is to the car (simplest terms). Negative camber occurs when the top of the tire is closer to the car's body than the bottom. Positive camber occurs when the top of the tire is farther out than the bottom. See when a car goes into a corner, the body rolls and the camber goes more positive. To compensate, drivers will increase negative camber to stop the car becoming unbalanced and rolling too much. This increases the handling. However, as I said, you should be know and be prepared to test camber settings. Too much negative or positive camber can cause serious tire wear and handling issues. Caster is one of the more complicated adjustments and one that I really can't explain. If you really want more insight on caster angle, talk to RCZ or one of the experts in tuning. Adjusting the toe is adjusting how inward or outward the wheels are when the steering wheel is straight. Toe in occurs when the wheels are inward pointing towards each other. Toe in occurs when the wheels are outward pointing away from each other. This is also a complicated adjustment and not a favored one. Toe out gives more steering and cornering response, but reduces straight line stablity. Toe in is vice versa.

Posting a picture/sketch would really help your explanation.
Thanks for the post!

Buddy Revell: "One man's sooner is another man's later"
Nikon FM is offline   Reply With Quote