Thread: OBDII and Kiwi
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kdberan
Base Member

Drives: like I stole it
Kdberan will become famous soon enough
Default OBDII and Kiwi

I am debating which OBDII device and automotive software to go with and want to hear impressions and testimonials of those who have a bluetooth or wifi system linked directly to their iPhone. The Kiwi wifi currently has my attention but if I did purchase that, which software would you all recommend (Rev or DashCommand, or another?).

Anyone have a Kiwi? Or similar product that they would recommend? And it sounds like the general consensus is Wifi > Bluetooth, right? Any issues with these devices after ECU tunes? I will be going with an UpRev Standard tuner within the next couple of months but would be bummed if these are not compatible.

I know there are tons of programs out there that integrate with Windows PC and Androids, however I would rather stick my..... (hmmm) hands in a meat grinder before leaving Apple to go to the dark side. I want something that can integrate with my iphone or ipad in real time, with the least lag and most accurate readings.

After my dash cluster started celebrating the Christmas season a week or two ago with a light display, I was suckered into purchasing an Actron OBD II / CAN tri-lingual scanner which was on sale for around $200. It didn't take me very long to realize that the tool, to me, was not worth 10x that of a cheapo $20 OBDII scanner and fault code eraser off ebay. Not to mention it only works on a PC and even with Bootcamp, I wasn't able to get it to work properly on my MB Pro. Looking forward, I want more than just a diagnostic tool for reading and erasing fault codes, so I'm looking for your recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Kiwi Wifi
Kdberan is offline   Reply With Quote