View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_K View Post
Here are my thoughts on the "rules."
Screw the rules! Rules are out the door when you're staring down the wrong end of a firearm. You point a firearm at me I'm going to find ANYTHING to stop you from using it. I don't care if its me pulling my gun from my hip, or taking a pen and stabbing you anywhere I can. I'm fighting and defending my life by all means possible.

Firing him was too extreme and where I lose all respect for AutoZone. As mentioned there are a thousands other ways to discipline him. But they went to the extreme to put fear into their other employees about taking action to protect themselves. I can only hope that when another AutoZone is robbed, and it will happen again since it is now known that firearms are not allowed, that no one is injured or killed.
Don't blame autozone, blame our broken court system.

Any retailer with > 3 sites follows the same set of rules. You can see the "outrage" links I posted with best buy and Walmart.

The US court system holds companies liable for future incincents if they don't take terminating action in cases like this.

At the end of the day, I doubt he's too distraught over losing an autozone job. I'd take the same path he did, knowing the walking papers were coming, but I'd bitch about our broken legal system rather than a company that is just paying its dues to the shareholders.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote