View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyandnetti View Post
After thirsting for a Z all these years, I finally test drove a stick 370 Saturday with three miles on it. I discovered a throttle decel delay of about one second that caused severe lash upon desengagement of the clutch. To drive it correctly, I had to pick up my right foot, then wait patiently for the mill to slow down before I could disengage. I've been working gears since 1960, and I can say that's not the way to shift. How could Nissan field a sports car that doesn't instantaneously respond to the right foot, up and down? I guess I'll have to try another one, or maybe try an automatic (ugh), which would mean no sports package.
It sounds like the issue you are describing stems from the ridiculously heavy flywheel, rather than the throttle delay.

The more noticeable delay is during throttle-on, while the throttle-off delay is more in line with other DBW cars. Swapping for a lighter flywheel will give you a smoother feel and reduce the impact of the issue you describe.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote