View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

thank you guys for the help. I will try to find a crowfoot to torque it down at 12 ft-lb. Hopefully this allow me to feel confident again doing brakes. I hate doing things by feel. I'm not sure if I may have over tighten the fittings which caused the leak or if it's because i used the vice grip too hard or if it got cross threaded. Either way, I have to wait till the new line comes in to see if that fixed the issue and the Z1 SS line junction box isn't crossthreaded as well.

I currently don't use a machine, I just have a motive power bleeder (straight pump instead of a vacuum gun).

I think there's still a leak in the system aside from the fact the pedals have no firmness. At this point I don't even think it's worth it for me to keep bleeding the system to "temporarily" fix it.

Unfortunately it's gonna rain tomorrow and I can't drive my car in as my usual backup I have to motorcycle to work.
scruffydog is offline   Reply With Quote