View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
tu_clean
Track Member

Drives: 10' Nismo 370z
tu_clean is on a distinguished road
Default ARK DTS exhaust w/ Tecno tips & ARK HFC's-Review

Hi Guys/Gals,

I recently had the ARK HFC's installed along with the ARK DTS Exhaust system. I would like to thank Lerry and the team at ARK Performance for the great customer service and for allowing me to represent there product on my Nismo. I would also like to thank SpeedElement for there support on the install and Kevin Chow Photography for the videos and photos.
Video: Nismo 370z with ARK high flow cats and ARK DTS exhaust with techno tips - YouTube
Pics:

Here is my review:

Fit & Finish: DTS exhaust was packed very well. If you could over pack something that is what it looked like to me. The welds were impressive and all of piping was very shiny and easy on the eyes. The Tecno tip option which cost extra is well worth it. The tips will be easier to see on a non nismo bumper but still are visible enough for me IMO on my Nismo, plus my car is pretty slammed so its makes it harder to see the rear of the exhaust. Fitment was great. Did not have to remove the rear passenger side heat shield for this exhaust to go on evenly. This DTS exhaust system sits higher up so it is modern garaged and lowered car friendly

Sound: The DTS exhaust is quit during cruising speeds but during spirited driving the sound is ideal for what I am looking for. Sound is deep and gurgly and now I feel matches the sexy looks of the Z. It sounds like the VQ burbly tone is finally present. The stock Nismo exhaust just wasnt loud enough for me during woot. The ARK DTS is just loud enough without attracting the police

Driving Impressions/Butt Dyno: I could feel the extra power and torque as I was shifting from 2nd through 5th gear. There was no Rasp with this exhaust. The SRV downshifts were exhilarating giving out the most amazing exhaust notes.
The Nismo feels way more responsive now than vs the stock nismo exhaust.

Final Thoughts: If you are wanting to add more HP/TQ without a very loud exhaust note and have a sexy well put together looking exhaust than I would definately recommend this product

Last edited by tu_clean; 12-04-2012 at 11:53 PM.
tu_clean is offline   Reply With Quote