View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #5993 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamu View Post
you maybe correct, perhaps she needs to join the ranks of Sake royalty... and that makes me wanna build a car...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
cold sake and sushi (sashimi actually) is a dangerous mix.
although it's really personal preference, a chief once told me sashimi should pair with cold Sake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
mr.alcheng- nice! yah, now i remember. i had the TC-3 too from associated at the time. it had all sorts of problems when it was initially released and i remember the AE team handing out replacement parts at the track, especially the front arms that fractured for no reason. my main car was the Pro2 or something by hpi. was great in socal cause hpi, yokomo, associated, etc were all local and the team drivers would come out at times to not only kick our arses, but let us in on some of their setup secrets.

i had a 9 turn armature i bought in japan that i put together with one of my 7turn cans and i was able to churn out 7turn speed, but at the efficiency of a 9turn. so 3min modified racers were no issue even with the 2000mAh. i could go near 5min before dump. those were indeed great times.

my weekend was motor the santa monica canyons early am in my real car, then head over to socal to race rc cars in the afternoon.

The TC-3, got a huge delay on its release at that time, mainly because the torque-steer issue from the motor... somehow they fixed the problem.

Before I retired the TC-3, the last race it participate was a 12-hours endurance.

Yup, 12-hours, from 12am to 12pm, with a stock motor.

We managed to won the first place, I forgot how many laps we were over the 2nd place but it was about 100+ for sure....

7 turns motor is crazy, but since you guys have the track which has a long straight-way... why not??

And we run 5 mins race too, with the 8-9 turns..

dang... my hands are getting "itch" now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamu View Post
I always wanted to get into those HPI cars...
Those are fun stuffs man.. and it can be complicate if you want to setup the chassis right...

I just text my friend about the details and prolly I will do a practice run in about 2 weeks, then we decide which class and which chassis to run...