View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #5987 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
Good eyes Mr.kenchan...!!

That is the newest associated kit TC6.1

Socal host one of the biggest R/C race in the world during the Winter, we used to have lots of guys fly to there to race..

I started off with HPI chassis too, one of the most popular choices at that time (about 15 yrs ago )

Then I switch to Yokomo, nicely build but the turn-in wasn't shape enough...

Then I switch to the TC-3 from associated, shaft-driven tub-chassis. The shaft-driven design make the car the fastest on acceleration and straight line speed, the amazing thing is they manage to minimize the torque-steer from the motor since the motor was mounted longitudinally...

After the TC-3, I switch to the T-1 from XRAY.... then I "retired"....

It was so much fun....

We ran 8-9 turns double or triple motors.... friggni' fast....
mr.alcheng- nice! yah, now i remember. i had the TC-3 too from associated at the time. it had all sorts of problems when it was initially released and i remember the AE team handing out replacement parts at the track, especially the front arms that fractured for no reason. my main car was the Pro2 or something by hpi. was great in socal cause hpi, yokomo, associated, etc were all local and the team drivers would come out at times to not only kick our arses, but let us in on some of their setup secrets.

i had a 9 turn armature i bought in japan that i put together with one of my 7turn cans and i was able to churn out 7turn speed, but at the efficiency of a 9turn. so 3min modified racers were no issue even with the 2000mAh. i could go near 5min before dump. those were indeed great times.

my weekend was motor the santa monica canyons early am in my real car, then head over to socal to race rc cars in the afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamu View Post
I was crowned Sake King and now.. I am hungry for sushi..