View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 05:26 AM   #25 (permalink)
tvfreakazoid
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2015 Audi S5; 6spd.
tvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
There are various flavors such as Dynojet, Mustang, Dyno Dynamics, and Dynapack. Some models, like Dyno Dynamics, have load barring so it reads lower. My friend's shop has a Dyno Dynamics and is known as the 'heart breaker' dyno because you'll see quite less HP than you would say, on a Dynojet.

People don't like Dynapack because the number reads quite high, not to mention that it's a pain to do. You gotta take off the wheels and if you have an AWD car, you gotta do all 4 of them.

I don't think any particular dyno is better than the other, as long as it's SAE corrected so you have a realistic reading. Dyno just gives you the stats for your car, pretty popular for hobbyists as they like to know what this part and that part add in term of power.

But if you want to do dyno tuning, I'd go with a load barring dyno to simulate the conditions of the roads.

290 RWHP is quite impressive, especially in this strange heat wave we've been having in SoCal the past week.
What are the costs to get your ride dynoed?

http://www.the370z.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1188&dateline=1232328  539
tvfreakazoid is offline   Reply With Quote