View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
jcosta79
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
jcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to all

Here is my opinion of Windows 8 after using it for a couple of weeks in a work environment (I have 8 Pro).

It is the best version of Windows, hands down. It's fast, loads in about 4 seconds, stable, and VERY user friendly.

Yes, it will take you about a week to get used to the new interface, but once you do, you will LOVE it. Everything from earlier versions of Windows is still there and the incredibly simple search function (you just start typing) found everything I was looking for.

The built in antivirus is VERY good and does not slow down the OS like 3rd party software does. It's called Defender, but it's nothing like the one from Windows 7. This is a complete anti-virus and it found 3 viruses on an external HD that my enterprise version of Symantec End Point Protection missed. The inclusion of UEFI support with Secure Boot (along with the built-in antivirus) help make it the most secure version of Windows ever.

Oh, and as much as it pains me to admit it, IE 10 actually looks good and works well.

Overall, Windows 8 Pro is EXCELLENT.
2012 PW NISMO #0559 - GT Spec Brace Kit - Swift Springs - ARK TP & Invidia CBE K&N Intake - UpRev Tune - 15mm Z1 Spacers & Studs - StopTech Slotted Rotors & SS Lines - ZSpeed CMAK with Stage 2 Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel
jcosta79 is offline   Reply With Quote