Thread: Walking Dead
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #357 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

AMC is starting to deviate a good bit from the comic again... I have mixed feelings at best about their decisions... however, I will say that they tend to get better reviews from the viewers the less they deviate.

Vol 17 of the bound comics just came in the mail, so brace yourself for SPOILERS!

You think the Woodbury crew is tough, just wait until Rick and company encounter ...
( Click to show/hide )
the Saviors -- a gang of maniacs, essentially running a protection ring. They brutally kill anyone who doesn't hand over half (or more) of their supplies in exchange for wiping out roamers

Of course, Rick and company are pretty strong, so they go on the offensive, but...
( Click to show/hide )
the Saviors are a huge force -- hundreds of tough, violent bastards. They make the Woodbury crew look like pansies by comparison.

Later, during a roadside confrontation...
( Click to show/hide )
the Saviors capture Rick, Michonne, Glenn and a few others who were with them, randomly select Glenn, and brutally execute him in front of them with a barbed wire wrapped bat! They shatter poor Glenn's skull in front of everyone --
it's pretty graphic.

As with the handling of
( Click to show/hide )
Michonne's savage rape by the Governor -- coming soon after she killed the Governor's zombie kid?
, I'm not sure how AMC will handle this plot development... if they play it straight, it won't be pretty.

To click or not to click? To enjoy not knowing or relieve the tension and resolve the unknown? What will you do?
( Click to show/hide )
I predict it will torment many of you not to look, and so you will look -- don't hate... I didn't force you to look... muhahahahahaha