View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub370 View Post
the most easily do-able looks to be #3. maybe if i could somehow adapt a blendmount for a scangauge to that piece, it could nicely mount above the mirror

side note: scan gauges only read the cars ecu outputs right? meaning u cant add afr/boost readouts into the mix?
Nice looking installation.

You can read AFRs from the factory sensors via the CAN bus and display on a SGII, but if you use AFR sensors that are "out of the loop" to the ECU (ie, not on the CAN bus), I don't think you can get the SGII to read them.

IIRC, MAP is available via CAN, but not sure. I'm guessing that if you are using FI, you will exceed the range of the factory sensor. An after-market monitor will probably not be readable by the SGII.

Unless it's OBD/CAN-compatible, the SGII probably can't read it.