View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by D370z View Post
Thanks SouthArk370Z I will check the battery again. i didn't check the battery voltage before but it seems that the car is consuming power while its completely off, takes the power from the battery. I replaced it two times, Ill replace it again since the battery is under warranty.

Any more suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks to all!
Don't just start swapping parts yet. If the battery will take a charge, there is no reason to return/replace it.

If you are sure that the alternator is in spec and that the battery is taking a charge, then you need to track down the "ghost" load.

When the car is off, do you see any lights or hear any noises? Ie, is something on that shouldn't be on?

Get an ammeter and insert it in place of fuses until you find an abnormal current draw when the car is off.

Can you feel (an IR temperature monitor will work better/faster, if you have one) any warm spots in the wiring, relays, and control modules? This will be a PITA to check as you will have to remove misc covers and panels to get to everything. For the IPDM-E/R and other parts under the hood, wait until after the engine compartment cools to ambient temperature before probing.