View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #5768 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post
The only point I was trying to make to ms. pint was that most National tire shops - Direct Tire, Discount Tire, etc. - will not work on cars with spacers. Unless you can locate a shop that will work on a car with spacers, you need to be prepared to remove the tire yourself in an emergency.

I found this out the hard way on my way to work (the one day I needed to be in a suit for a meeting) and hit a pot hole that blew the tire.
mr.gurney- i do agree non-speedshops like the tire places may have issues with the liability as they deal with standard oem parts.

sorry to hear about the blow out. i bet you looked killer though in a nice suit + 370Z before this whole thing happened.

this might help in the future, but in my G (which i use for dd on nice days) have disposable gloves in the trunk along with a small bottle of rubbing alcohol (to clean my hands as needed), paper towels, towels, 12v air compressor with psi guage, tire plug and tools (plug tool, knife), breaker bar with socket, a pair of thin nylon windbreaker pants i can pull over my dress slacks. since i dont drive the car in the rain i dont keep a rain coat in there, but that can be a good thing to have too if dd.

in my Fit, i have towels and gloves, but the car itself im not attached to that much nor the wheels so i dont put that much emphasis on what-if senarios.