Thread: 370z Clear Bra?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #47 (permalink)
OldGuy
Base Member

Drives: '09370Z Red Base A7
OldGuy has a spectacular aura aboutOldGuy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
it is one of the very first things I do. You have to be VERY close to the hood/body panel to see the line from the bra. I have nothing but good things to say about clear bras. Do a google search for images of them! I personally would pay the $500-600 for it vs pay for a respray on the body panels. I paid $600 for full front bumper, 18" strip on hood, side mirrors, and 8" on QP behind the front wheels. The one thing I would suggest is make sure the paint is 100% swirl/blemish free before having it installed. After it is installed I would just be sure when waxing the car, when waxing go from ON the bra area onto painted surface so you dont get wax buildup on the leading edge of the bra.
Agree exactly with everything above. Got mine put on before I drove the car a single mile and three years later the front still looks showroom now (as does the rest of the car, too Best investment you can make for your Z, especially considering the thin paint Nissan gave us. Should cost about $800 for professional application.
OldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote