View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanjay View Post
This I 100% agree with.

This I do not. There is so much more than WHP number to be fast whether it is a Strip or a RR. That is unless you are trying to win at a DYNO Comp.

For any application outside of a DYNO Comp you car needs to dialed in weight, tires, suspension, WHP/TQ. WHP/TQ alone will not make you go fast in a straight line or in a curve.

Just my .02

Example (230HP FWD vs 488HP AWD) Think what that little hatch Type-R would do with around 300hpNA which is SOOOO easy to achieve for what every brether mod for a 370z is going to run you. That thing didnt even have a K24 bottom end nor a really built head. Both not that exspensive to build.

Battle Honda Civic TypeR EP3 x Nissan GT-R ... Nürburgring Nordschleife BTG 24-07-2010 - YouTube
I feel what you're saying jay... but I really was talking about this FR-S and the RWD scene. Honda n/a K motors are a whole other animal.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote