View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Japanjay
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z MB M6
Japanjay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Honestly, I havent seen a Z with that much work in it. People either go with suspension, basic breathing mods & tune. Turbo, exhaust & tune. I don't see to many people going through extensive forgings and overhauls of the VQHR.

There's still a big gap & mystery as to what the VQ can really do. Everything is so fu**in expensive for the Z that you can buy 4 Z's if you pay the amount of money necessary to mod the Z properly.
This I 100% agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
As much as I love this car, non-F.I. 4 and 6 engines are pretty useless when you want to extract power. NA v8 is the best way to go if you expect big gains with breathing mods. Other than that. V6's and four bangers is a money pit of useless power gains without FI.

The best the FR-S is going to get on breathers n a tune is 14.5 second quarters if lucky. The best the Z will do is 12.6 if lucky? V8's you can see low 12, high 11 on breathing mods alone.
That said... I'm definitely going back to a turbo vehicle soon. I miss my FD.
This I do not. There is so much more than WHP number to be fast whether it is a Strip or a RR. That is unless you are trying to win at a DYNO Comp.

For any application outside of a DYNO Comp you car needs to dialed in weight, tires, suspension, WHP/TQ. WHP/TQ alone will not make you go fast in a straight line or in a curve.

Just my .02

Example (230HP FWD vs 488HP AWD) Think what that little hatch Type-R would do with around 300hpNA which is SOOOO easy to achieve for what every brether mod for a 370z is going to run you. That thing didnt even have a K24 bottom end nor a really built head. Both not that exspensive to build.

Battle Honda Civic TypeR EP3 x Nissan GT-R ... Nürburgring Nordschleife BTG 24-07-2010 - YouTube

Last edited by Japanjay; 12-02-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Japanjay is offline   Reply With Quote