View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #1408 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
I passed a Prius in the pouring rain on the way home. It has also been windy knocking stuff out of the trees making a slippery slurry. Mid pass while trying to be smooth, I felt the tires spin and the car slip a little; a micro release of the gas brought it back and I completed the pass with the Prius honking at me.

The road opened up after this and that slurry made for uncomfortable driving. Then out from under the trees, and their slurry, another car was visible and if I hurry up I can perhaps pass it as well. I was already hurrying so all I did was upset the cars back end on the turn before I need to commit and pass.

Shucks, I blew it but to my great fortune the car saw me and pulled over. Visibility in the fog was now limited to less than 200 feet so no more passing. because the weather was so poor no bike or tourists were present, so I still managed a better Saturday drive home than on a dry sunny one.
Wow -- the joys of Marin County driving. I am heading to beautiful Dinuba in the Z this afternoon for some on-site shenanigans at Ruiz Foods tomorrow. Highway 99 does not compare to PCH.