View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
LMBmikeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
LMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peleincubus View Post
i am going to get a white or black (not sure yet) 370 soon. and i were to keep the car for a long time, say 10 years down the road i want to get repainted (the same color)...

1. will it look the same as factory, or at least very close to it?

2. it will cost today (before inflation) 8-10k?
1 - yes it will very close to it, if not better depending on the shop you have do it. It also depends on if you chose a factory colour. Some guys like to change it a bit say you like a different cars black over the black Nissan has you could very easily change the colour because they are very similar, but if you were say trying to go red after being black then it would be more because much more work would be needed to get everything that colour.

2 - It will not cost 8-10k to respray the car the same colour (OEM or another car makes colour) the base is already there for them to work on top of. The 8-10k is if you were going with a change in colour like black Z to a red or white Z, or if it was a crazy custom colour like green etc..... there's a lot more work involved to complete change a vehicles colour and it will hurt the resale value to when the colour is completely changed for another.

Hope that somewhat helped