View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #343 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Another note... As our standard naturally aspirated kit is plumbed, the stock filter and regulator is utilized for PnP ability outside the tank. I have only tested the stock regulator and filter at flow up to 340lph. Once the road race unit is exceeding 340lph, you are in uncharted territory. So if you put a single 400 or 440 in the road race unit, I cannot promise that you won't need to upgrade to a return fuel system for the larger regulator, and you might even have to bypass the stock filter (5/16" in/out) if its prohibiting max flow of the pump.

If the stock filter becomes restrictive for you, a high flow filter could be added inside the tank if you wanted to keep all stock plumbing outside the tank still. If you were going for 1000hp I would tell you that you need all new plumbing throughout the car, and you would replace the stock fuel bulkhead connector with at least a -8 AN one.