View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 01:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
cooltoy
Elite Member

Drives: 14 PW 370Z S/T MT
cooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
I am in the same boat as the OP as I am looking at picking up one or the other. To me if you throw out the cost then it comes down to looks. Evo-R's definately looks nicer and ties in with the LED scheme going on with the rear. However the OEM comes with plug and play including the harness and switch to the center console. The latter point has me considering the OEM one as I would like to run it to a switch and for the plugs to all match up with zero splicing is a plus in my book. Both are very bright.

So do you want to pay $100+ for the Evo-R and vampire tap it into the brake light and keep everything looking clean with LED's. Or you could mock up your own wiring harness or buy the OEM one and tap into it to have a switch in the center console but it will cost you extra.

Or do you want to pay $200+ for the OEM + wiring harness and switch to be able to plug and play with the center console.
So the OEM one is $60 right on on Zstore. I wonder if you can buy both and use the harness from it on the EVO-R light? That would only total to $160.