View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #515 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni

Some updates before this Sunday's test run.

Not all of the parts showed up for this weekend's test run unfortunately. Literally 5 min. ago some parts came in though and I will spend tomorrow doing the following so the car can be ready to go to the track and test on Sunday!

- Install JWT VQ37 oil pan spacer. Adds one quart of fluid capacity putting me at 7 quarts with the oil cooler. Hopefully this should help with cooling!

- Install GTSPEC 6-Point Chassis Brace. Yes its massive and going to be awesome. Partnered with the 4-Point ladder brace the car should feel like its caged now!

- Install GTSPEC Fender Braces. Another front end chassis stiffener!

- Finish installing Mishimoto Oil Cooler kit. The cooler is already mounted but I have been waiting on the oil pan spacer to install the lines and sandwich plate so I only have to drain the oil once.

- Set ride height. Going to raise the car probably 1/2" since the car sits a bit too low as is and my 18s have a smaller diameter than my 19s so once those go on that will lower the car a little again.

- Get Nitto NT05 tires mounted on SSR Type-F Wheels. 275/35/18 front 285/30/18 rear mounted on 18x9.5" front and 18x10.5" rear wheels. Matte black of course .

- Install Hawk HP+ brake pads. Unfortunately my Carbotech pads didn't arrive in time since I had to re-order them after selling the ones that were supposed to go on this car to a customer in need.

- Corner balance. Going to scale the car with a full tank of gas since thats where I will probably run it at with the fuel starvation issue not resolved.

- Alignment. Finally get to dial in some negative camber up front with the SPC control arms!

Then its off to the track on Sunday to test for next weekend's time attack. There should be a few more parts showing up next week that will go on the car before the time attack as well.
Function > Form