View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, like you, I had very little idea about which brand clutch and flywheel to get so I went on the recommendation of Rob Fuller at Z-car-garage in san jose Ca. He has done hundreds of clutches on 370s. The guy knows his stuff and has a ton of experience on aftermarket mods. I went with JWT on his recommendation, but give him a call and I'm sure he could pro/con the different manufacturers. Also he recommended going aftermarket on the CSC. It like the flywheel are easily done (read "less labor expense") when the tranny is already off for the clutch.

He only works on datsun/nissan and it is mostly Z cars. His shop is amazing and so is he. The guy is a great Z resource.

Also there are some threads around here with a cheap and easy mod to the assist spring (on your pedal) that will help with clutch engagement feel which som thing is poor on the 370. you can easily do this one yourself. (I have not because i like my new JWT clutch like it is)
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix

Last edited by SurfDog; 11-30-2012 at 11:09 AM.
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote