View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #42 (permalink)
elperuano
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: G37S
elperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond repute

This is my 2nd boosted VQ. First g35 I had a gt35r and was about the max torque the stock block could handle. 8lbs at 420/400 on mustang dyno and I drove her hard everyday. The g37 is a stronger motor and the rods r beefier. This set-up I'm at 534/500 and it's an absolute blast to drive. She sees full boost almost every day. I guess I love te power, I feel like I got a little understanding how these cars like boost. With a good solid tune n install the 37 should be able to hold power well. So far no problems! But if I do blow my motor then I get to do my engine build sooner than later. I honestly feel like where I'm at now this motor will hold for awhile. Only time will tell but I sure didnt spend all this money to play it "safe". Up to a certain amount yes but you only live once and I wanna enjoy the hell outta this ride. Lots of street fun with buncha other boosted rides. Evo, GTR, Subbies, big turbo Hondas n Tegs, Genesis turbo, even ran with a Bugatti on the highway which was fun as hell. Yea, this car sees A LOT of boost. If there's anything I can confirm with the 37 is that it loves boost and the engine has held up so far with no problems at all.
elperuano is offline   Reply With Quote