View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #33 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

There are overkill builds, so don't hesitate to share since we can cherry pick some ideas from there.

Some of you pretty much answered my question about piston diameter, so I'll stick with 95.5.

I'm researching WPC versus Calico coatings. Supposedly, WPC can strengthen the metal and provide a better oiling surface. It is not a coating treatment. For surfaces not subjected to friction, perhaps some sort of coating should help? Just need to find a balance. [EDIT] Possibly WPC treated pistons with Calico top coat.

Okay, so if the valve train doesn't need upgrades I can retain the stock rev limit and $2k+ worth of parts and labor might not be justifiable. Since the valves aren't quite subjected to frictional stress, how about heat stress? Plus, I don't think I hear much about valve failure. Maybe the valves can be coated, and that we can get better seals? For my purpose, it's still a daily driver so it won't be subjected to 24 hours of Le Mans scenario haha.

Last edited by DIGItonium; 11-30-2012 at 09:33 AM.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote