View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
scottIN
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z
scottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Service Engine Soon light

So this morning, I threw the SES light. What would you check first - here's my set-up:

First, I had an oil change about 50 miles ago. And yes, the gas cap is tight. After reading that the SES is emissions and may affect mpg, I checked and my mileage has gone from around 24 pre-oil change to 18 after.

I've got K & N filters and the Z1 Post MAF tubes. Both have been on there for about 6,000 miles. Also have the FI high flow cats (resonated) and FI exhaust (resonated). They'be been on for about 6,000 miles as well and no codes.

I did some searching on here and the only thing I found that could make sense is the temperature. It's about 25 here today, which is the coldest it's been sinve I've had the mods on. Found one post about it being cold out & throwing a code with non-stock intakes.

So what would be your approach to check it out?
scottIN is offline   Reply With Quote