View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #30 (permalink)
axmea?
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WELL ZED PW 6MT
axmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBayZ View Post
so yours is the rep from shine? as you did it yourself, any gaps or have you heard of any other users that needed to "mold" on the fitment? I aint trippin about saving a lil money of course, but on this car i only want the best. if you cant tell the difference 1 bit, then sunline might not be my way to go.

what about the fitment of the replica sideskirts and rear skirts?
Not from shine. I did it myself, gaps are minor and really depends on strong taping. Save your money, get one from FRP from ShineAutoProject. I cannot speak to the skirts and rear spats. I don't have it. Most pics you see have no visible issues. I don't get the molding idea. You need a little flex because of scraping issues. It has to move a little in my opinion and that is why good taping and sound mounting practices help keep the lip and bumper in good shape. If you mold it, you either crack it a the seams or move the entire bumper when you hit or scrap. To me, there should be a little "give" when the lip hits pavement. My lip is under 4 inches from the ground, scrapes often, and stays intact. If I molded it, I know it would crack at the seams or move the bumper at it's mounting points. Use good tape and an adhesive agent from 3m.

>MyZ's Album< NISMO Convert/ECUTEK/Takeda CAI/F.I. HFC NR CB Carbon/F.I. 34 Row Oil Cooler/4.08 Final Drive /Powertrix+Swifts/Hotchkis/SPL/Whiteline/TWM/Zoom Engineering/EVO-R/AeroJacket Vented CF Fenders + CF Spoiler/Avant Garde-WORK/NST/Morimoto Halo/STi Clear Lenses/Carbon Signal Automotive/RJM Performance/ZSpeed Clutch Flywheel CSC delete
axmea? is offline   Reply With Quote