View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:33 AM   #49 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

We can't beat the 5.0 or the LS3 IN A STRAIGHT LINE without a decent amount of mods...
Those do 0-60 in 4.3~ and a 1/4 mile in 12.7~
The closest you can get with JUST N/A would probably be in an auto with bolt ons (intake, exhaust, high flow cats)
The 370Z auto does 0-60 in 4.5~ seconds, and the 1/4 mile in 13~ seconds, and has been recorded as low as 12.2 all motor (probably without an interior and drag radials)
You CAN also change the gearing for better acceleration, but I don't know if anyone has posted official times with modded gearing...

Forced induction 11's

There is no replacement for displacement, but what's the point of the displacement if you can't turn while using it? (Honestly, I'm not racing, but I do like to accelerate quickly at lights sometimes, so yeah, I usually only use the straight line speed, but I get a laugh in the 370 over the Camaro/Mustang... They feel really lazy to me even though they aren't slow, just my opinion)

(I used motortrend for an apples to apples comparison, and our track times page for times...
official 1/4 mile track times
I would've linked MT, but I don't want to link the mobile website since I'm on my phone)
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote