View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 04:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
definitionxmk
Track Member

Drives: Stage 2 SC 370Z
definitionxmk will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to definitionxmk Send a message via Yahoo to definitionxmk Send a message via Skype™ to definitionxmk
Default RARE Wheels STOLEN!! But we took care of it =)

Well now that they released it locally here in Hawaii:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-22xHw-Z4I

My story:

A buddy of mine told me that his coworker had his wheels stolen. Not just any wheels, but a RARE set of Gramlights with CRAZY specs. 19x9 -10 f & 19x10 -20 out here in Hawaii. We then spread it on my project-definition facebook page and word of mouth pretty much went everywhere. Soon, I saw posts about it everywhere in just a matter of hours.

Fast forward to a day later...

I get a call at work from one of my friends saying that someone found the wheels that everyone was posting on facebook, instagram, twitter, etc on craigslist. I then got a hold of my buddy to let the owner of the rims know. He then calls me up and we decide to scope em out together.

I pick him up at his place (i've never met this guy before) and he tells me he was able to secure a meeting with him at a shopping center in town. We roll out!. At the same time, he calls the dude selling the wheels on craigslist but was getting the run around on the meeting.

I then call my other friend to come by but act as a separate entity on trying to meet up with the seller. This way, we would have a better chance in "hooking" him for the night. He calls the guy, offers a higher price to buy the wheels, and was able to set up a meet 30 mins from now.

The owner of the rims then flags down a cop and notifies him of the situation. He then leaves but sends over some undercover cops to help us out.

30 mins go by and my friend gets a phone call from the guy saying to meet him somewhere else. Thankfully, it was across the street.

The owner stayed with the undercover guys while my friend and I hopped into my SUV. We proceeded slowly to cross the street; giving time for the cops to catch up. We are then flagged down by the seller who has the wheels on a dolly for inspection. Before going into this, the owner told me the offsets that my friend and I had to look for.

Sure enough, they were the wheels! We "signaled" the cops and a gripload of them showed up!

To end this quickly, those were the wheels and he got arrested. We all then jotted down our statements with the cops and the detectives at the station. We were able to secure the wheels and come home 3am in the morning with the satisfaction that we did something AWESOME that night.

He must have the worse luck, selling EXTREMELY RARE rims on an island.

Behold, the power of the internet and social media! Cheers!

FALKEN . AMUSE . STANCE . INVIDIA . MINES . TOMMY KAIRA . BRIDE . VOLK RACING . GTM
Featured in DSPORT issue #137 - Follow me on Instagram: @definitionxmk

Last edited by definitionxmk; 11-28-2012 at 04:20 AM.
definitionxmk is offline   Reply With Quote