View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #147 (permalink)
john370z
Base Member

Drives: 2007 335i coupe
john370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond repute

I know I have a question and I am guessing many others are also interested in the answer as well. I would love to have a forced induction system (especially since I am at 5500 ft. elevation and am already loosing over 20% from that alone) but to use Ron Popeil’s term, I would like to “set it and forget it”. I would like the highest gains that are safe for the engine. I would not like to have the lifespan of the engine reduced by any significant amount. I do not want to have to take it to a tuner after the initial setup and install and initial tune. Basically I would like the overall reliability to remain while performance was greatly improved. Is this possible? Am I expecting too much? If I wanted 375+ rwhp, should I have bought a car that came that way from the factory? I would love to hear from GTM and Stillen about these questions. Thanks for your time and attention!
John