View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #1164 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
I'm going to drop the car off at the shop at ~10am on Monday and go fart around Fair Oaks mall for a while or something then come back for the dyno pull(s) and tune.
Quick formula to properly dyno your car for the most accurate final numbers.

The dyno technician should now how to properly tie your car down and calibrate the dyno for the gears you have in your rear end.

1) Make sure your car is dyno tested in the 1:1 gear. It is 5th gear for both the Manual and Automatic Transmissions.

2) As soon as the car is strapped down and ready to go, do a 1st baseline pull. Now let the car sit and cool for about 6-8 minutes in between (each) run with the fans from the dyno bay cooling the engine area. Do this process for 5-7 runs total. You will see that if properly done, your car will react more favorably as each run is recorded. Runs 6-7 should be virtually identical with not much increase and this will be your sign that you are finished.

Now if you are tuning your car, I would still do everything the same except add runs 8,9 and 10 as the "tuning runs".

Now some people might not agree with this exact method but we have found that this specific car loves to be dynoed this way. Obviously each dyno is different and some might require a few less dyno runs overall, so just use this is more of a template then.

If anyone has any questions on any of this please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Thank you, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote