View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #124 (permalink)
Baer383
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My foot up your azz
Baer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Yeah the tip-in thing with lean fueling is definitely part of the problem on the stock setup. I somewhat remedied that on my car by going over to the A:F tables and making things a little over-rich in the low RPMs at low throttle. Upside is there's fuel available for that tip-in, downside is I get some occasional backfires when transitioning from engine braking back to neutral throttle at low RPMs and low throttle input (e.g. engine braking gently down to a stoplight and popping into neutral just as it's reaching the point where the engine would naturally start to lug out for being too low. If I don't time it just right, nice little fireball pops down the exhaust).

Are you saying you corrected your lean spots in that same A:F table, or elsewhere?
If you do like I did you won't have to backfire, I just drive and watch the correction factor and during live tuning while holding the pedal there while you feel it sputter add the fuel on the fuel comp table but don't go passed 100% leave it a little and I mean a little on the rich side maybe 95-97% and I don't backfire on decel from 7000k down to 800 idle.

754 rwhp 747 rwtq
Baer383 is offline   Reply With Quote