View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #46 (permalink)
dszombiex
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z MB 7AT
dszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednek01 View Post
I typically love gold wheels on a black car, but this just doesn't work and I think I know why. The gold center section looks great however when combined with the silver lip it looks terrible. Even in the pictures with just the rims and tires something just looks off. It needs to either be solid gold or solid polished not both it causes it to be too busy and there is too much if a funky contrast. However its your car and if you love it then that is awesome and I am happy for ya!
I totally feel where you're comin from. When I first looked at pics of these on the net I had the same reaction. They grew on me though, and they're dazzling in direct sunlight. The gold shines up and is completely reflected by the polished part, makes it look all gold. Then as it starts to become night the polished part does more reflecting of headlights and the wheels have a completely different look. Its almost like a dr jekyll and mr hyde type thing.
dszombiex is offline   Reply With Quote