View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
I placed the order in May 2011 and didn't pickup the car until end of Sep 2011.

The thing is, when dealer told you the time frame they are placing the order, usually the actual order date is much later than that. Don't know why but it happens.....

2nd thing is the dealer won't know right away that if the color has been discontinued until a long while after they placed the order.

Imagine Nissan Japan is receiving orders globally everyday, it's not surprised it takes them a while to response to your dealer.

When I place the order of the Z in May last year, the dealer couldn't get a VIN number almost 3 months later, even the business manager told me the car has arrived the port of Vancouver at the first week of Sep, the Z didn't arrive the dealer 3 weeks later....

But I admit, it's the dealer's responsibility to keep you updated.

Anyway, why don't you get the ARK Grip exhaust?? I have it on the Z and it's amazing!!!

cheers
Ordered from Fontana Nissan same month as you and had the car beginning of September in the exact color and configuration I wanted. Fontana Nissan is definitely one of the better dealers at least from my experience.
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote